Griffin Place, Welwyn Garden City
Griffin Place, Broadwater Road, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 3FB
– Final Two Plots Released
HURRY…..90% ALREADY SOLD/RESERVED Oakbridge Homes Group proudly announce that our new community at Griffin Place is almost complete with just two homes now for sale at this Landmark development, the former Roche Factory building, within walking distance of WGC Town Centre and main-line rail services to London (21 mins).
This iconic model factory building was H Q for Roche Products from 1938 to 2005. The town has enjoyed an eighty year association with the Swiss based company forging strong links with the local community and many who found employment there retain an affiliation with Roche and the factory building today.
In 2005 Roche vacated its Broadwater Road home of 67 years moving into new premises in WGC, consequently, the original building suffered from over a decade of neglect. until in 2018 Oakbridge Homes Group acquired the property. A specialist team, under the guidance of the company’s founder, set about its restoration breathing new life into this iconic, art-deco building , renovating and transforming to create 34 uniquely fashioned 1 & 2 bed contemporary apartments plus fabulous two storey duplex homes with patios.
Declared, ‘Building of the Year‘ in the Architects Journal 1939, the Roche building is a rare example of modernist industrial architecture predating the second World War in Britain. Designed by Professor Otto Salvisberg, a Swiss architect who created the Roches’ own architectural style globally early in its history, his creations have a timeless elegance, streamlined and balanced with large uncluttered spaces. Otto Salvisberg’s signature pieces were inspiring sweeping staircases, curved glass-blocked walls and travertine limestone floors all of which were present and are being carefully restored here at Griffin Place. The Griffin signet, from which the building takes its name, is the heraldic symbol of Lower Basel in Switzerland where the Roche company originates, the emblem signifies its heritage.
Our Gallery displays include original photographs kindly supplied by the Roche Archive Museum in Basel, Switzerland.
SHOW HOMES OPEN – VIEWING by APPOINTMENT – FINAL RELEASE – HELP TO BUY AVAILABLE.
- MAIN ENTRANCE FOYER - with its Travertine limestone floor, sweeping staircase and reinstated geometric glass block feature set the tone for this exquisite 1930's building. Although providing access to just four apartments, all residents' will enjoy access to the foyer which will also include the Roche Archive Room containing historic documentation and photographs endorsing Welwyn Garden City's Hoffman La Roche heritage.
- HEATING - Electric Underfloor with WiFi connectivity via The neoHub Gen 2 which handles all of the network communication between the neoStat, neoAir and neoPlug and is very much the brain of the Neo System if you’re looking to control your heating & hot water system from your Smart phone.
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS - Options for Broadband and TV will be via the latest BT Fibre and Virgin Media which are both available direct to each home, (services subject to subscription).
- KITCHENS - Streamlined, clean and uncluttered, where the living & dining area flow into the kitchen, you’ll find offers fluid movement throughout the home, giving excellent feng shui. Stylish, hand crafted quartz worktops and upstands add that extra classy touch together with a pull-out larder and corner Le Mans unit to many kitchens.
- APPLIANCES - Your kitchen will come complete with a range of the latest Bosch, built-in and integrated appliances will include: Frame-less Induction Hob, Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washer/Dryer, Fridge & Freezer.
- BATHROOMS - Sanitary ware and tiling choices bring a touch of the art-deco period of the original building to every home. Our Interior Designer’s range of designs will compliment bath and shower room size and light. Parquet, patterned and marble floor and wall tiling will offer that touch of timeless individuality.
- WARDROBES - Space saving contemporary fitted wardrobes complete with bespoke internal fittings and voguish soft close bronzed mirrored-glass doors fitted to most bedrooms.
- FLOOR COVERINGS - Elegant wood-mix engineered floor finishes to hallways and living/kitchen areas. Comfy fitted carpets to all bedrooms and exquisite tiling to all bathrooms.
- VENTILATION - A Vent-Axia Sentinel unit will provide constant extract ventilation to the bathrooms and kitchen areas. The system will operate a continuous low speed extract to your home which when required can be switched to boost switch facility.
- BASEMENT DUPLEXES (Plot No's 1-3) - These exclusive and original two-storey homes have an elegant spiral staircase and benefit from a private access and small front terrace.
- LIFT - Serving the basement to third floor, a new 8-person lift provides easy access to a number of apartments and for all residents wishing to use the basement bicycle store.
- CAR PARKING & BICYCLE STORE - Each home will be designated one numbered car parking space. The large basement bicycle store benefits from lift access and has a racking system in place for secure cycle storage.
- GROUNDS - All Griffin Place residents will have the use of the estate access pathways the extensive newly laid lawns and landscaped seating area.
- SECURITY - Access to residents entrances will be via an electronic entry fob. A video entry system will be installed to most homes with an external call button to each apartment and secure door opening facility. Individual key operated Post boxes will be located inside entrances.
- FIRE SAFETY - An integrated smoke detection system has been installed with detectors to all communal spaces and plant rooms. Dry risers and Smoke vents are installed where applicable and doors fire rated in accordance with the latest fire regulations.
- WARRANTY - Oakbridge Homes full 2-year aftercare service backed by a 10-year LABC Buildings Warranty.
Ashtons Land & New Homes
- Tel: 01707 903456
- Email: [email protected]
AL7 3EQ Broadwater Road Welwyn Garden City
GRIFFIN PLACE is less than a mile from Welwyn Garden City town centre and railway station where frequent East Coast main line services run into London Kings Cross/ Moorgate in as little as 21 minutes via Hatfield, Potters Bar, Hadley Wood, Finsbury Park, Old Street. Services northwards run to Stevenage, Hitchin, Cambridge & Peterborough.
WGC enjoys great connectivity to major road, rail and airport links. The A1(M) passes by the town linking it with M25 (J23) just 8 miles away. Other road links include to the surrounding towns of Hatfield, Hertford, Harpenden, Stevenage and the City of St Albans.
Air travel is on hand from London Luton (12miles) Stanstead (26 miles) and Heathrow (34 miles).
Call us on:
01582 794 499
- Download Plots 1 & 2 (jpg)
- Download Plots 3&4 (jpg)
- Download Plots 5 & 6 (jpg)
- Download Plots 7 & 8 (jpg)
- Download Plots 9 & 10 (jpg)
- Download Plots 11 & 12 (jpg)
- Download Plots 13 & 14 (jpg)
- Download Plots 15 & 16 (jpg)
- Download Plots 17 & 18 (jpg)
- Download Plots 19, 20, 25, 27 (jpg)
- Download Plots 21, 26 & 22 (jpg)
- Download Plots 23 & 24 (jpg)
- Download Plots 28 & 29 - 34 (jpg)
- Download Overall Floor Plan - Lower & Ground Floor (jpg)
- Download Overall Floor Plan - 1st, 2nd & 3rd Floors (jpg)